Snuggling Safely in the Snowy Season


It’s that time of year. We all love a cozy, warm fireplace right now…

But, did you know that certain types of wood, when burned, leave behind a substance called creosote?

There are various degrees of creosote buildup. If not cleaned regularly, creosote buildup can become dangerous in your chimney (becoming combustible). Most areas of a chimney are not visible to the naked/untrained eye, and non-visible areas are not included as part of a typical home inspection. It is recommended that these areas be scoped by a specialist.

Please make certain your fireplace is safe. Call a local, reputable chimney sweep before cozying up to your next fire.