We had the opportunity to sit down with one of Keller Williams’ most esteemed agents, Judi Sahayda, to discuss all things home inspection-related. Here were some key takeaways:
- Our biggest suggestion for buyers? Come prepared with your specific concerns! We want to know what exactly you are looking at. Although providing the seller’s disclosure is not necessary, it can be of use if it gives our inspectors an idea of definitive concerns.
- Should buyers attend the inspections? Of course! “Hands on, eyes on” is the view we promote. If unavailable to make the inspection, we can always provide report explanations via phone call with one of our inspectors, or with our company owner herself!
- Home inspection costs? A baseline inspection: $350. This, however, is subject to change with the square footage, or any of our add-ons. For more information on the additional services we provide, as well as the pricing, please contact us at 412-657-2191.
- Access concerns? Chat with the sellers! For us to do our jobs to the best of our ability, we need full access to the properties we are inspecting. In order to gain full access, the sellers must have the homes cleared of any blockage prior to the inspection (example: closet-attic access, or crowded basements).
- To view the entire interview, visit our Instagram page at the link below.